To create a PURL on this Bibliographic PURL resolver, you must first register as a user. In order to become a registered user, you must have a valid OCLC CONSER or BIBCO authorization and password. If this is not what you want to do, please see the home page of this PURL resolver for more information and options.
Please review the following terms for this CONSER PURL resolver and click the "I Agree" button at the bottom of this page to continue your registration.
1. Access is subject to written acceptance by OCLC Online Computer Library
Center, Incorporated ("OCLC"). OCLC's written acceptance may be indicated by
issuance to OCLC CONSER or BIBCO Participants ("Participant") of authorization
numbers and passwords by which Participant and/or Authorized Users (as defined
herein) may access and use the Bibliographic PURL resolver as such service is
described in OCLC's prevailing, published product descriptions. Access to the
Bibliographic PURL resolver will be subject to the following terms and conditions
("Terms"). OCLC reserves the right to determine Participant type to determine
and/or define an eligible site, operational entity, library system or similar
limitations with respect to any prospective User and to refuse access for any
reason in OCLC's sole discretion.
DEFINITIONS: Authorized Users are limited to OCLC CONSER or BIBCO participants accessing the system while in the library and by remote access, provided that remote access requires the participant to first log on using the OCLC cataloging authorization and password to enter the server.
2. Databases available by means of the Bibliographic PURL resolver are
subject to OCLC and/or third-party claims of copyright and other rights. Participant's
access to and use of such databases are subject to this Section 2 and to changes
or additions thereto published by OCLC from time to time (including supplemental
terms and/or online screen display. Such changes and additions shall govern
over these Terms.
Authorized Participants may use the Bibliographic PURL resolver to create, modify and validate PURLs, to create partial redirects, and search for information.
Participant and Authorized Users acquire no ownership rights to any data or portions thereof provided in any form by the Bibliographic PURL resolver. No part of any data provided in any form by the Bibliographic PURL resolver may be disclosed, reproduced, transferred or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of OCLC except as expressly permitted hereunder.
3. Participant is solely responsible for all security for and all use, including unauthorized use, of the Bibliographic PURL resolver initiated by Participant's authorization numbers and passwords, and shall promptly notify OCLC in writing of lost or stolen passwords and authorization numbers. Participant's obligations under this Section 3 are material to this agreement. OCLC's sole obligation with respect to passwords and authorization numbers shall be to exert reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of Participant's passwords and authorization numbers in OCLC's possession and to terminate lost or stolen passwords and authorization numbers upon receipt of Participant's notice. Upon such termination, OCLC will issue new passwords and authorizations to Participant provided that Participant is in compliance with these Terms and the lost or stolen passwords or authorization numbers were initially provided by OCLC.
4. OCLC shall exert its reasonable best efforts to provide the Bibliographic PURL resolver in accordance with then-current published product descriptions. Participant shall notify OCLC of nonconformities between the Bibliographic PURL resolver and such descriptions, and of any errors or inaccuracies in the PURL resolver of which Participant becomes aware. It is understood that, while OCLC and its suppliers and licensors have attempted to minimize inaccuracies and defects in the data and services furnished, the data and services are provided AS IS. OCLC, ITS SUPPLIERS AND/OR LICENSORS MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, WITH RESPECT TO THE Bibliographic PURL RESOLVER AND SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER.
5. Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance hereunder due to any cause beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, acts of God or public enemy, fire, explosion, accident, strikes, governmental actions, delay or failure of suppliers, or delay or failure of the OCLC systems or carriers or other difficulties with telecommunications networks provided that the party so effected notifies the other promptly of the commencement, nature and estimated duration of the cause.
6. Except as otherwise expressly provided for herein: (a) OCLC, its suppliers and/or licensors shall not be liable for any loss or damage, lost profits, loss of business, loss of or damage to data, downtime or unavailability, of or in connection with Participant's use of the Bibliographic PURL resolver or data available, or from lost or stolen passwords or authorization numbers; (b) OCLC, its suppliers and/or licensors shall have no liability or obligation to Participant, and Participant shall have no liability or obligation to OCLC hereunder for indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, whether based on contract, tort or any other legal theory and regardless of whether a party foresaw such damages; and (c) OCLC, its suppliers and/or licensors shall have no liability nor obligation with respect to the provision or use of databases available by means of the Bibliographic PURL resolver, including, without limitation, for any claims based on infringement of copyright, patent, trade secret or other right, libel, slander or invasion of privacy or claims based on errors, inaccuracies or omissions in or loss of the data.
7. Participant shall, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, indemnify and hold OCLC harmless from all claims based upon or arising from the use of the Bibliographic PURL resolver and data and databases available with Participant's passwords or authorization numbers except to the extent directly caused by a defect or malfunction in portions of the Bibliographic PURL resolver under OCLC's direct control.
8. This registration form constitutes the complete, final and exclusive statement of the parties' agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof. Participant may not assign its rights or obligations under these Terms. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio and the United States of America. The United Nations Convention on International Sales of Goods shall not apply.